Planning To Get Tooth Crown In Nagpur?
A dental crown is a tooth colored cap which is placed on your damaged natural tooth to restore its shape, size and function. Receive the highest quality crown – now at a special offer from Choudhary’s Dental Clinic.
Fill up the form and we will call you back
Do You Need Tooth Crown?
A dental crown is a custom made cap to cover your damaged tooth to make it functionally and aesthetically better. Here are some of it’s benefits:
- A dental crown is possibly the best protection that your dentist can give to a damaged tooth.
- Along with the physical protection, a crown also offers an esthetic advantage. Crowns can be made to restore the original shape of your tooth.
- Crowns last the longest of most dental restorations, with a life of fifteen years or more.
- A tooth crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function.
A tooth crown saves your natural tooth and makes it functionally and esthetically better.
Interested in getting a tooth crown? Contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Before And After Pictures
Frequently Asked Questions
A crown is a tooth cap that is used to provide support for any damaged or decayed tooth. It also helps in maintaining the proper shape, size, and functions of a tooth and ultimately makes it stronger. Additionally, a tooth crown makes a damaged tooth appear aesthetically pleasant.
Following are some of the conditions when you will probably need a dental crown:
- Your tooth has a dental cavity that is very deep and large
- Your tooth is damaged, neglected or weak
- You have just undergone a root canal treatment to restore damaged teeth
- You want to conceal an ugly looking damaged or discoloured tooth that will boost up your appearance
There are a wide variety of dental crowns available meant to serve different purposes. Most of the tooth crowns are permanent and either made up of stainless steel, metallic items like gold, or any other alloy, porcelain fused with metal, resin, and ceramic.
- Stainless steel:- Stainless steel tooth crowns are used over permanent teeth that help in protecting the tooth while a permanent crown is made of some other different material. A stainless steel tooth cap is mostly used for children’s primary tooth. The shape and sizes of the dental crown are made in customized shape and size so that it can entirely cover the entire tooth and protect from further decay. When the permanent tooth starts coming out by replacing the temporary tooth, the stainless steel crown slowly comes out. Overall, stainless steel crowns are mostly used for children’s teeth so that they do not have to visit multiple dental sessions. This makes the overall procedure cost-effective.
- Metals:- Metallic tooth cap mostly include alloys that have a high content of gold and platinum or any other metal-based alloys like cobalt-chromium or even nickel-chromium alloys. Metallic dental crowns are usually robust and can withstand any vigorous activity like biting, chewing for the most extended period, and they rarely break. However, the main drawback is its price, but it is an excellent choice for the molars that cannot be seen easily.
- Porcelain blended with metal:- These are dental crowns that usually matches the colour of all of its neighbouring teeth. But one of the most crucial drawbacks is the teeth opposite to the porcelain dental crowns wears off quickly in comparison to metallic or resin dental crowns. However, porcelain tooth caps are also very prone to cracking or breaking. Most of the ceramic crowns and porcelain fused with metallic crowns are looks natural teeth. In most of the cases, a dark line appears at the gum line, and the gum may also start disappearing. Porcelain blended metal crowns are the best choice for using it in the front and back teeth where the metal needs strength.
- Resin:– Resin dental crowns are the least expensive tooth caps that are currently available in the market. But the worst part is resin crown wears off quickly, and they are more prone to damage in comparison to porcelain fused metallic crowns.
- Entirely ceramic or porcelain:- Ceramic Dental Crown appears natural, and the colour matches precisely match to the natural teeth. This tooth cap is perfect for people who has allergies to metal and can be used for both front and back tooth.
- Temporary and permanent dental crowns:- The temporary crowns are made instantly in the dentist’s office and are mostly prepared with some acrylic-based material or stainless steel. The permanent dental crown is made in a professional dental laboratory.
A dental crown can be temporary and as a permanent solution as well. A temporary dental crown is used before installing the durable tooth cap over the damaged or decayed tooth. This entire procedure may take about multiple weeks and several sessions to get completed. However, some of the latest technologies like 3D imaging technology have made it possible for dentists to create tooth crown just within few minutes. Some traditional crowns are even generated within a few hours.
If you want to know more about these tooth caps and dental cap price, then get an appointment at Choudhary’s Dental Clinic. The dentists present there can explain to you the advantages and disadvantages of each type of crown. They will also let you know the best choice of crown that you must have based on your dental condition.
Steps to implant a dental crown:-
A dentist usually requires two sessions to complete installing the tooth cap over the natural tooth. Following are the steps involved:-
- Preparing the tooth:- At first, the dentist prepares the tooth by removing the outer layer of the tooth so that the crown fits appropriately. Any presence of tooth decay is usually removed before installing the tooth cap. The dentist may also use some additional tooth structure in case your tooth requires support.
- A tooth impression is obtained to prepare an exact shape for the model. A traditional mould can achieve the impression, or it may also be collected digitally by scanning the tooth.
- Installing a Temporary crown:- In case you need a permanent dental crown, you will have to wait for about two weeks until it is ready. In this time, patients are provided with temporary crowns over the damaged, sensitive teeth and must avoid consuming alcohol, sticky foods, or even chewing gum. However, in Choudhary’s Dental clinic, you may also be able to have a dental crown treatment procedure on the same day.
- Finally, when the new permanent tooth crown is ready, your dentist very carefully installs it over the damaged tooth and makes all possible adjustments so that you do not feel uncomfortable.
The dental cap price cost varies depending on many factors like the patient’s requirement, type of tooth cap used, surgeon’s fees, location of the clinic, and a lot more. In some cases, the tooth crown cost is also covered by insurance, but a patient does not have insurance, they may utilize the third-party financing companies that can help you with month installments.